Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Sensory Bin

Alex is so interested in Halloween this year. So I couldn't wait to make him a sensory bin! He loved it!

Everything I used, I already had on hand. All the Halloween goodies are from last year and the base is corn and black beans that I mixed together. I had them both left over from previous sensory bins. So what's inside?
  • Corn
  • Black beans
  • Halloween themed erasers
  • Plastic pumpkin baskets
  • pumpkin ice tray
  • little fabric bag with pumpkins on it
  • Orange cup
  • Tongs
  • plastic spoon
  • plastic Halloween toys (bats, spiders, snakes, skeleton, scorpion)
  • stretchy rats and spiders
  • orange and purple pompoms
  • Eyeball
Alex is having a great time playing/ pretending with it. The bat is swooping out of the air catching pom poms and rats. LOL

He's been filling the pumpkin baskets and bag with corn and beans, and passing it around saying its candy. He's also filled the pumpkin ice tray with the corn and beans and baked cupcakes in his toy oven.
So far this has been very popular. I am interested to see what other pretend play will come from it.

3 comments:

  1. @Christina I think I got the pumpkin baskets at a party store, probably Iparty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sensory bins. Great idea- thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if you would link up some of your great ideas on my new Monstrously Creative link party! I'm featuring some great ideas this week, and yours could be next! Come join the party!
    Mandi at BBM

    ReplyDelete