Tuesday, September 27, 2011

C is for Clouds

Today we learned all about clouds.

We did some cloud (aka cotton ball) counting. I just wrote then numbers 1-8 on blue paper and Alex counted out the correct number of cotton balls for each number.

We made a cloud letter "C".


I found a simple alphabet rain cloud printable from here. Alex helped me fill in the missing letters.


We made some blot art clouds. We folded paper in half. Opened the paper up and put some white paint on one side. We then re-folded the paper and rubbed to spread the paint. Then we opened the paper and had a cloud like shape.



We made some Cloud Dough. I got the recipe from I Can Teach My Child, I cut mine in half though. I used 4 cups of flour and about a 3/4 cup of baby oil. Alex loved this very messy dough. He played with it for quite a while and even asked to play with it again before bedtime. It is a great sensory experience.



Lastly we did the Ivory Snow soap in the microwave trick and made a big soap "cloud." You can read all about the scientific information explaining why the soap expands here. Alex is too young to understand it and just thought it was a cool trick, which it is. He was very excited to take his cloud soap in the bathtub tonight too.


For lunch I made him a cloud shaped peanut butter sandwich, a cloud shaped piece of cheese, and some whipped cream with some blueberry raindrops.


And we read some cloud books.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love the cloud theme!!! And I never knew that Ivory soap did that. I'm going to have to give that a try. Love that cloud dough that you made, too! Awesome stuff!

    Mandi at BBM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! The soap had to be fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete