Thursday, September 29, 2011

C is for Camping

Yesterday we did C is for camping theme. It was fun, Alex loves camping anyway. You can see some photos for our last camping trip here and some photos from our summer backyard camp out here.

Alex did some fishing for shape fish. I cut out fish from construction paper, added a paper clip and drew a different shape on each fish. I made a fishing pole out of a dowel we had on hand, some string and a magnet. I laid them all out on a big piece of newsprint we had. When Alex caught a fish he had to identify the color and shape on it.



Alex did some camping printables from 2 Teaching Mommies He did a prewriting sheet, a letter C tracing sheet, and a sorting of edible and unedible items worksheet.


 We made some S'mores on a stick. I put a bunch of marshmallows onto clean craft sticks. I melted some chocolate chips, while I told Alex to smash up some graham crackers. We dipped the marshmallows into the chocolate and then into graham cracker crumbs. We had S'mores on a stick, simple, fun and yummy!





I set up a blanket over the kitchen chairs and Alex pretended it was a tent. I made him a pretend campfire from toilet paper rolls and red and yellow tissue paper. I gave him a flashlight to play with too. Alex loved it.  You can't forget how important pretend play is at this age.


Making an "alligator" shadow puppet :)

Zzzz...Time for bed


I had a hard time finding preschool camping themed books, but this is what I found. Alex enjoyed them.


1 comment:


  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete